birding-aus

Aussie Bittern over Altona, VIC

To: "" <>
Subject: Aussie Bittern over Altona, VIC
From: David Richardson <>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:47:49 +1000
Hi folks,
I was just out in the backyard and glanced upwards and was surprised to see
an Australasian Bittern flying over me. I live in Altona, Victoria, close
to Truganina Swamp.

The bittern circled and gained height then flew off to the south, then
seemed to turn east. I bet it will be touching down at Kororoit creek
somewhere close to the ford.

Any birders in that area keep an eye out this evening.
Time it flew over my yard was 17:40 hrs.

Dave Richardson
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>