birding-aus

New Zealand Pelagic

To: Tom Tarrant <>
Subject: New Zealand Pelagic
From: Chris King <>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 21:39:44 +1000
Hi James

You can try this book though I did find it hard to locate the lastest edition.

Birds of New Zealand: locality guide by Stuart Chambers

Kaidoura is wonderful but we were there in February and there was
heavy fog in the previous 3 mornings before we arrived and the whale
watching boats were cancelled. I presume the pelagic trips would have
been too, so maybe allow yourself a little leeway for the weather.

Chris

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Tom Tarrant <> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Kaikoura is where to go,  have a look at this website
> <http://www.albatrossencounter.co.nz/>
>
> I was there a couple of years ago and it was excellent.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom
>

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM, James Mustafa <>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Planning a holiday (birding trip!!!) to New Zealand for early next year and
>> I am hoping to get on a pelagic or two whilst over there. Any one got any
>> tips on where to start, how to book etc? Also any thoughts on how to use my
>> time over there would also be welcomed.
>>

>> All the best,
>>
>> James Mustafa
>>
>> 0400 951 517
>> www.jamesmustafajazzorchestra.com
>> <HR>
>> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
>> <BR>
>> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
>> </HR>
>>

> --
> ********************************
> Ian (Tom) Tarrant