birding-aus

Adelaide to Mildura Route A20 or B12 to Ouyen? Which is the scenic parro

To: "'Donald G. Kimball'" <>, <>
Subject: Adelaide to Mildura Route A20 or B12 to Ouyen? Which is the scenic parrot route?
From: "Martin Woodward" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 19:32:30 +1000
Hi Donald,

My son and I have done a few trips to the Victorian Mallee over recent
years.
At the main campground in Wyperfield National Park you commonly see both
Regent Parrots and Major Mitchells.
The Regent Parrots are usually flying over but the Majors forage around the
campground locale, particularly where She-Oaks & Cypress Pines are fond.

Also Rangers are stationed at both Wyperfeld and Hattah-Kulkyne NPs and
therefore usually around most weekends to assist you if necessary.

Regards Martin Woodward