birding-aus

Glossy-black Cockatoos and the search for them outside of Sydney etc.

Subject: Glossy-black Cockatoos and the search for them outside of Sydney etc.
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 19:58:14 -0700
Hi Folks:

Thanks so much to Russell who has provided this phenomenally great place to
share a wealth of information.

If all goes as planned I should hope to be searching and scouting where
best to see and film more parrots in Sept.  I am strongly leaning towards
Capertee area in NSW.  My hopes are to film Little Lorikeet, Turquoise
Parrot and the not so easy Glossy-black Cockatoo there.

Also if not there does anyone know of a slam dunk sure thing area where you
can find Glossies?  I found and filmed them for a short time on Tablelands
Rd. near Wentworth in Blue Mountains.  But I felt I was real lucky to find
them and it took me 3 days to catch up with some.

Much appreciated for the info as always!

Don Kimball
Polytelismedia.wordpress.com