birding-aus

Brolga

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Brolga
From: Jude Lattaway <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:19:19 +1000
Happened to be driving to Taylor's Beach (east of Ingham Qld) 17th
July where a cane farmer was ploughing his field.  Could not believe
the Brolgas!  Counted 170 but could not quite see others further down
the field and another group behind uncut cane.

Got David and I wondering .. would they be eating cane beetles that
had been ploughed into the soil ?  I did manage a couple of photos ..
but hey, with my point and shoot camera the photos are not fantastic
But you can tell they are Brolga.

Allan G ... I have noted this on the crane sighting report.

Jude