birding-aus

Anyone birded the Grampians before?

To: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Subject: Anyone birded the Grampians before?
From: David Clark <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:42:56 +1000
Don

Little Corellas are very common, Eastern and Crimson Rosellas abound and I
recall seeing a tree full of Musk Lorikeets some years back.

I think one of the best things about the Grampians, or Gariwerd, is the
environmental diversity with the sandstone ranges and valleys with
watercourses, wetlands and reservoirs.  That provides an opportunity to
observe many bird species in a fairly limited area.

Spring in Gariwerd is wildflower time and it is often difficult to get
accommodation.  Book early to avoid disappointment!

Cheers

David