birding-aus

New Zealand Field Guide

To: Anthony Katon <>
Subject: New Zealand Field Guide
From: Sonja Ross <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:08:51 +1000
Hi Anthony,

Another spot to go would be the gannet colony at Muriwai not far from Auckland
if you were there in breeding season.  I also saw several species at Mt
Aspiring National Park that I didn't see elsewhere, although we were on
holiday, not on a birding trip.

If you didn't want to buy a field guide, but have internet access,<
http://nzbirdsonline.org.nz>, is an excellent site developed as a result of a
collaboration by DOC (N.Z. conservation), OSNZ (Ornithological Society of New
Zealand) and Te Papa (National Museum), so you might want to have a look at it.

I hope you enjoy the trip.

Sonja