birding-aus

Torresian Imperial Pigeon in Cairns in June [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: "" <>
Subject: Torresian Imperial Pigeon in Cairns in June [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 00:14:16 +0000
Martin, do you think that might apply to Torresian Imperial Pigeons? I saw a
small flock of about eight of them in a tree across the road from Centenary
Lakes (Cairns) on the morning of Saturday 7 June.  I knew they were migratory
and wasn't ewxpecting to see any in my brief visit, but assumed when I did see
them that some must stay around. But everything I've researched since suggests
that they are usually gone by mid April and that birds in June would be highly
unusual. Any comments or recent local observations?

Harvey
Canberra

Message: 19