birding-aus

Helpful advise on where to take folks looking for Fig-Parrots and enjoyi

To: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Subject: Helpful advise on where to take folks looking for Fig-Parrots and enjoying the rainforest
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 17:26:09 +1000
G’day Don

I stayed there a few years ago.  It is a nice place.  There were little netting
bags hanging on the verandahs.  The idea was that you put a bit of fruit in
them and the birds would come in an feed on them (riflebirds, catbirds,
honeyeaters etc).  They had a presentation on the local potoroos each evening
and they had a viewing area where they put honey on trees to bring in the sugar
gliders and bandicoots. They also had CCTV cameras on the feeding trees so you
could watch the gliders from your unit.

I remember seeing a birding guide setting up a tripod in the carpark for his
clients - they may have been focusing on the Macleays Honeyeaters …

The accommodation is surrounded by rainforest and there were short walks
through the forest.

Regards, Laurie.