birding-aus

recommendations for Atherton tablelands accommodation

To: Paul Doyle <>,
Subject: recommendations for Atherton tablelands accommodation
From: Janine Duffy <>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 19:51:51 +1000
Hi Paul

We've just come back from 3 lovely nights at Kingfisher Park. Their 2 bedroom
units would suit your family perfectly I would say. There's loads of great
birding around the lodge at all times of day, and lots to do within a short
drive.

There's a great pub nearby for meals if you don't want to cook every night.
Keith and Lindsay will give you tips on the local area, both from a birding
point of view and for shopping, food, other activities. We drove to the cloud
forest at top of Mt Lewis, and had amazing views of Wompoo fruit-dove amongst
others. We also drove up on the peninsula development road towards Mt Carbine,
did some walks recommended by Keith & Lindsay, and loved the drier forest
around there. We saw Bustards just nearby too, again with Intel from Keith &
Lindsay.

I can't speak about the other places mentioned on list, but I did choose
Julatten this time because of it's wildness, diversity and because it is a bit
different.  If you team it up with Yungaburra, you'll have a brilliant trip.

Good luck

Janine

Sent from my Motorola RAZR™ M on the Telstra Next G™ Network