birding-aus

Camera fees in Malaysia

To: Tony <>
Subject: Camera fees in Malaysia
From: Charles <>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 16:49:48 +1000
Hi all,

Not sure why there are complaints about paying small amounts that go towards
much needed conservation efforts in these Malaysian (and other) National Parks.

If you are concerned about paying (in addition to below) I'd suggest flying to
Kuala Terengganu and driving around the jungle surrounding Tasik Kenyir which
offers superb and relatively easy birding.....and there is no fee.

For me, this is one of the best places in Malaysia to bird watch.....

PS: For those who like a cold beer after a hard days birding, you can't buy
grog in the state of Terengganu.....it's a very, very strict Muslim state.

Cheers,
Charles Hunter
Bronte, Sydney