birding-aus

Bird Photography

To: Ian May <>
Subject: Bird Photography
From: Allan Richardson <>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 12:39:42 +1000
Hey Ian,

I have heard it rumoured that some species in decline cop a bit of a
photography beating in South East asian reserves.

If photogs make up a big percentage of the visitors to such places and are
spending more time in the reserves than other visitors, perhaps the general
wear and tear toll they take on the reserves may require financial offset?

There is possibly the rationale that photogs are making an income from their
images and so a charge is compensation for commercial gains made in the
reserves (although I'd think that only a small percentage of photogs fit into
this category).

It may be difficult to ascertain who is making a quid on their pics and who
isn't, hence just a blanket fee?

Just some thoughts......

Allan Richardson
Morisset NSW