birding-aus

NSW Twitchathon

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: NSW Twitchathon
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 08:35:41 +1000
Peter

One of the 24 hour rogaines I did (in Beechworth) was in foul weather and
in essence we dealt with it by getting wet.

The big difference between rogaining and a twitchathon is that with the
latter you have a long time to plan the route rather than about an hour to
mark the map before you head off.  The twitchathon route can also be
designed to include useful spots such as bakeries and pubs although while
rogaining we did visit a hostelry in Beechworth to rehydrate, and we heard
that the local bakery had its best day of sales ever.

Martin

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/