birding-aus

Petitions

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: Petitions
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 11:28:42 +0930
David , that’s generally the case up here as well, and I’d love people to send
personal letters.   But how many will?

Dave, up here electorates are so small that MLA’s know many of their
constituents personally.  They certainly know me - I helped formulate CLP
indigenous policy before the last election, at the request of Adam Giles, now
Chief Minister.  And a close friend was for a short time, president of the CLP.

Their chances of re-election are on the line, now that Allison Anderson and two
others have joined PUP.  They stand to lose the rural vote, and there are at
least eighty people in our electorate jumping up and down about this right now.
 Plus Aboriginal people in a nearby settlement are not happy either.

Plus with so many visiting birders signing the petition, visitor numbers in
Kakadu and Uluru still dropping,  and our Tourism Minister under siege at the
moment (I won’t go into details here), I think they’d be silly to ignore it.

And if they do, I’ve a few more cards to play.

Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841

PhD candidate