birding-aus

[Advertisement - sort of] Buy / sell online and support Birdlife Austral

To: "" <>
Subject: [Advertisement - sort of] Buy / sell online and support Birdlife Australia
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 23:10:33 +1000
Hi everyone

There is a new auction site where you can buy and sell, just like on eBay
or Gumtree, with the exception that a percentage of proceeds must go to a
nominated charity. It's great to see Birdlife Australia up there in first
spot as one of the first charities to benefit from this initiative.

http://joynin.com/index.php

I don't know much more about it, and can't endorse it for security or
anything, as I just found out about it on a Facebook bird group. As far as
I can work out, it's free to advertise. If you sell, this is how the funds
are split:

7% to joynin
10% - 93% to nominated charity
Balance to seller

If you've been trying to offload old copies of Wingspan, or Simpson & Day
4th edition, or the collection of Royal Doulton bird figurines your
great-aunt left you in her will - this may be your chance. And you get to
support Birdlife Australia while you're at it.

Must sell some old books to make way for all the fantastic new bird books
coming our way - starting with Rohan and Tim's new birdfinder very very
soon ...

Russell Woodford
Geelong VIC