birding-aus

Yahoo email addresses

Subject: Yahoo email addresses
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 11:02:43 +0800
Hi all

Yahoo have recently made some under-the-hood changes to its email service.
Essentially, it is telling OTHER email servers to reject messages from Yahoo
accounts if the sending mail server is not Yahoo.

What this potentially means is that if someone sends a message to Birding-Aus
from a Yahoo account, all other mail servers will be told to reject the message
because it comes from birding-aus.org and not Yahoo.com. Eventually this might
mean that many of those incoming mail servers will block birding-aus.org and
finally that address will get blacklisted right across the internet.

Experts in the mailing list world have responded with some concern that this
move by Yahoo may render mailing lists inoperable.

We will wait to see what happens. Yahoo have broken an internet standard by
doing this so they may relent. Or they may say they are big enough to ignore
accepted internet policy. If they do this then we may have to block Yahoo
accounts from send messages to birding-aus - this may happen with most lists.
I'd suggest Yahoo account holders send feedback to Yahoo. Or get another we
mail address.

Regards

Russell Woodford
birding-aus owner