birding-aus

A vote for conservation...

To: Clive Nealon <>, "" <>
Subject: A vote for conservation...
From: Sonja Ross <>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 13:22:44 +1100
Thanks for sharing this.  My husband and I were on winter tour there in early
February and saw some of these benefits for ourselves.   Moose are slowly
returning too as they forage along the rivers where willows are regrowing.
Busy as a beaver is certainly apt - they really struggle as they pull branches
along the tunnels they create in the snow.  I don't know if Dippers have
benefited but they were certainly busy in many of the streams which must have
had icy cold water even though they were still flowing, and amazing to watch.

I'm sure there are lessons that should be used as well - no man (part of
nature) is an island, entire of itself!

Sonja