birding-aus

Some of Queensland's birds under threat

Subject: Some of Queensland's birds under threat
From: Lloyd Nielsen <>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:01:53 +1000
I have just completed an article on the destructive anti-environmental conduct of the present Queensland Government since it came to power two years ago. This government must surely qualify for the most environmentally destructive government Australia has ever seen. Birds such as the remaining Red Goshawk population, the Eungella Honeyeater and others are under threat.

The article is not only long - only because the government has chalked up a long list of anti-environmental misdemeanors in its two years in power - but it makes pretty horrifying reading and will shock most people interested in preserving our environment and wildlife. The link is -

http://birdingaustralia.com.au/Queensland_Government_and_the_Environment-4-3-14.pdf

Lloyd Nielsen,
Mt Molloy, Nth Qld