birding-aus

More Bird Ident

To: Steve Sheers <>, birding-aus Aus <>
Subject: More Bird Ident
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 22:23:33 +1100

hi Steve,
glad that your sharp-tailed sp were resolved for you...

with these 2, I can offer the following help:
bird #8 - Inland Thornbill, the video kept getting outside of my screen, so not
sure if the bird cocked it's tail while singing, as I couldn't see what
happened after the initial frame or so... nevertheless, the call clinches it
anyway, which I could still hear despite the loss of view of bird, assuming
it's the same bird calling... but on plumage alone i'm happy to stick my neck
out & plumage tells me it's good for a Inland Thornbill.bird #9: imm or adult
female Aust Figbird - despite the call on video being clearly that of a Yellow
Oriole sneezing, the bird image is of an imm or adult female Aust
Figbird...hope this helps... cheers, martin cachard, cairns   > From: