birding-aus

Beach Stone-Curlew

Subject: Beach Stone-Curlew
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:36:12 +1100
Still on the rock platform c. 300m east of Pt Franklin carpark. I was expecting
to see other birders here when I took about the last spot in the carpark, but
they must all be mountain bikers or hikers because I'm the only person looking
at this magnificent bird.

Pod of dolphins just off the rock platform as well.

I was reluctant to get too close and stress the bird. 30-40m gave me a great
view through bins, better through scope. I think this species has a fairly
small circle of tolerance (= "confiding") but it would be good if people don't
harass it. More people may get to see it and who knows, it eventually might get
home to ... ???

Sent from my iPhone