birding-aus

Kelp Gull at Hervey Bay, Qld

To: <>
Subject: Kelp Gull at Hervey Bay, Qld
From: "Ken Cross" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:31:11 +1000
Dear all,

On Saturday past, 8 March 2014, I recorded a Kelp Gull - sub-adult [2nd to
3rd year] at Hervey Bay. Seen from the Urangan pier it was harassing terns
and silver gulls.

It was my first sighting of Kelp Gull in Queensland [and a good year bird].

Cheers

Ken Cross

Btw - I tried sub-mitting this to Eremaea but have had no luck. It seems I
may have done something wrong or the sight has changed as the list of birds
listed for Central and south Queensland this morning contrasts with what is
on the website that I can access.

---
is active.