birding-aus

Birdline Australian Capital Territory Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Australian Capital Territory Weekly Update
Date: 10 Feb 2014 03:01:36 +1000

Birdline Australian Capital Territory

Published sightings for the week ending 9 Feb 2014.

Sat 8 Feb Cockatiel Mount Ainslie Reserve
We've seen a single bird in the Duffy St, Ainslie area for more than a week. This morning it was on Mt Ainslie west. Occasionally we think we can hear more than one but haven't yet been able to confirm that. [Moderator's comment: It is always questionable whether single Cockatiels like this are truly of wild origin.FA]
Stephanie Haygarth

Lathams Snipe Callum Brae NR
A single snipe at the farm on the southern boundary of Callum Brae this morning. This is my first sighting of this species in 102 visits to the reserve. Full species list on eBird so follow the link.
Alastair Smith

Wed 5 Feb Channel-billed Cuckoo Garran
I heard the unmistakeable call of the cuckoo this morning. This is the third time over the years I have heard the call over my home, but I have never managed to see the bird.
Alastair /Smith

Crested Shrike-Tit Blundell's Creek Rd
A single bird feeding in the eucalypt close to Warks Rd. [Moderator's comment - a female]
Roger Williams

Tue 4 Feb Superb Parrot ANU - Acton Campus
6 birds including 2 immatures alighted in a eucalypt beside ANU's Chancelry building at 10am today.
Michael Wright

Black Kite Mulligans Flat Big Dam
1 Fork-tailed Kite soaring over the dam at17:58. Departed to the north.
PJ Milburn

Mon 3 Feb Crested Shrike-Tit Cumpston place, Macgregor (close to Umbagong District Park along Ginninderra Creek)
One in our garden hopping about in our fig tree, apricot tree and wattle. It's the first one I've seen in our area.
Lucy Wenger

Birdline Australian Capital Territory is hosted by Eremaea Birdlines.