birding-aus

RFI - Young Birders in Brisbane

To: Judith Hoyle <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: RFI - Young Birders in Brisbane
From: Joshua Bergmark <>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 10:52:23 +1100
Hi Judith and BA

Myself and a few others have been trying to do something along those lines
for a few years now, however at the moment the Australian Young Birders (or
AUYB) group consists of only 16 people between the ages of 15 and 20
Australia-wide. Unfortunately the only way we could really get it to work
was to make a private Facebook group, which of course creates access issues
for any younger birders who don't have their own Facebook account! I'm
friends with a group of British Birders too who just last year turned their
Young Birders FB Group into a full-on organisation, now with a newsletter
and a few hundred members, but unfortunately in Australia teenage
birdwatchers are sparsely distributed!

If anyone is a, or knows of any, young birdwatchers in Australia, feel free
to get them to contact me  and I can add them to
the group or put them in touch with other like-minded people in their area.

Cheers,
Joshua Bergmark (18.y.o)