birding-aus

Counting down ...

To: Birding Aus <>, "" <>
Subject: Counting down ...
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 21:16:22 +1100
Hi everyone

The Vicnet version of birding-aus will be wound down over the next few
days. I will move all subcribers onto the new server, activate that, and
turn off messages on Vicnet. You won't need to do anything, except change
your address book so that Birding-Aus messages are sent to:

If you have a rule that diverts incoming birding-aus messages into a
folder, then you will need to update it to reflect the change. Messages on
the new server will look the same, and will still have a subject line
starting with [Birding-Aus]

I've been receiving a lot of worthwhile comments about whether to allow
attachments or not. The jury is still out ... but I am keen to give it a
try. That WON'T happen for the first few weeks until I know the list is
operating as normal on the new server.

You will receive a welcome message from the new mailing list once it is
active. Please take time to read the rules: they've been revised, and there
may be one or two surprises.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to Birding-Aus since it hatched in
1994. We have a very useful archive of sightings and other information, and
again I thank Dr Andrew Taylor for his work setting up and maintaining the
archive. Multitudinous thanks also go to our team of moderators, Paul Dodd,
Karen Pearson, Peter Shute, Bill Stent and Ruth Woodrow.

I hope you all enjoy a very safe and happy Christmas. Many of you, like me,
will be observing tomorrow as the centrepoint of our Christian faith. I
pray it will be a time of blessings and joy for everyone in the Birding-Aus
community, whatever your personal beliefs.

Merry Christmas!

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus Founder