birding-aus

Franklin's Gull RFI

To: Ross Jones <>
Subject: Franklin's Gull RFI
From: Plaxy Barratt <>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 13:31:37 +0800
Hi Bob

Sorry I can't give any gen on it's latest movements, but I had a good
strike rate with it at Douglas Ave, South Perth (relocated 25 Nov at the
gull and tern roost by the lake, seen again with Daniel Mantle that
afternoon flying over the Swan River and foreshore, and the next day 26 Nov
back by the lake). A number of others have seen it in this area also. I
tried several times at Burswood Park where it was originally found by Des
Moran, without luck, but it was reported back there 26 Nov. As Ross said It
has since been reported at Alfred Cove, 2 Dec...

There is an abundance of suitable habitat and it appears to be moving
between different sites, but these would be good places to start. I'd love
to know if anyone has seen it more recently.

Cheers
Plaxy Barratt
Perth