birding-aus

Peafowl & Pheasant

To: Bob Dawson <>
Subject: Peafowl & Pheasant
From: John Graff <>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 11:29:40 +0800
Hi Bob

Yes, the peafowl were self sustaining until about 3 years ago when most were
culled. There appears to be one male, possibly two, left. These may or may not
be original birds as for a short period no birds could be found (and they
aren't that hard to see as a rule). 2003 was well prior to the cull though. I
think the cull had more to do with them becoming a nuisance around the
settlement than anything but may be wrong

Common Pheasant population seems to be going strong still

John

Sent from my iPhone