birding-aus

Pizzey and Knight Birds of Australia iPad version

To: "'David Adams'" <>, "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: Pizzey and Knight Birds of Australia iPad version
From: "Guy Gibbon" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 10:15:52 +1100
Hello David and Peter

No need to worry, the Pizzey and Knight Birds of Australia iOS app will work
on both iPhone and iPad, so one app purchase for both devices.

As you rightly surmise David, the UI design of the Pizzey and Knight app is
based on that used for the Roberts Birds of Southern Africa app. This has
been highly successful and is now the app of choice for Southern African
birders. I seem to remember from sabirdnet that you originally purchased the
Sasol app, so am pleased to hear that you also changed to the Roberts app.
An interesting parallel you may not be aware of is that the Morecombe app is
based on the Sasol Birds of Southern Africa app.

There have been further developments and enhancements of the UI design for
the Pizzey and Knight app. The content is of course entirely Australian, and
we have been very fortunate to work with the excellent reference that is the
Pizzey and Knight field guide. In addition the outstanding photographic and
sound contributions from Australian birders have contributed to a superb
product.

Regards
Guy Gibbon