birding-aus

Birds and windfarms

To: Gary Davidson <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Birds and windfarms
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 18:24:37 +0930
Not always.  Brett Lane and I were consultants to a particular engineering
company on the Mt Todd Gold mine, north of Katherine, NT.  We were always
going to tell the truth of what we found, and unhappy with some of the
company's actions, reported them.  They lost the consultancy.

However, since then I've seen other PRs and am amazed at some of the guff
written.  For example in one such report on Howard Springs near Darwin, one
excuse given for removing the monsoon forest trees edging the pool, was that
vegetation matter was responsible for the high bacterial count in the water.
When that didn't appear to hold up, the report stated that the vegetation
posed a danger to people.  Perhaps they were afraid visitors would trip on a
branch or something.

Whatever, it seemed to fit the political motives of the day ie to refocus
the loss in water quality away from the tens of thousands of bores sunk
willy nilly thus dropping the water table by eight metres, to some other
cause.

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
PO Box 71,  Darwin River,
NT 0841