birding-aus

Nest robbing at kurnell?

To: "'Stephen Ransom'" <>
Subject: Nest robbing at kurnell?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:02:43 +1100
I have no idea but from the story you tell I would assume no connection with
birds unless there is a very good reason to think otherwise. Maybe they were
selling drugs from the car boot, hence the odd behaviour or maybe meeting
for a rendezvous that was not of for public knowledge. Maybe the other guys
out on the mud were entirely unconnected with those at the car. If not
dumping rubbish (illegally if not unethically) probably collecting worms or
molluscs likely for fishing bait (as I think Anthea was suggesting). It is
far more likely that they might think you were concerned about are they
selling drugs or collecting worms than birds. I wonder why they might think
you would be interested in birds. Are there any birds nesting on the tidal
mud? And why would anyone have any interest in collecting anything from them
if there was, let alone that many people?

Philip