birding-aus

wild budgies in Sydney

To: michael hunter <>, "" <>
Subject: wild budgies in Sydney
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 19:31:30 -0700 (PDT)
I'd be backing your birds in as wild Michael.

I flushed a group of about 10 birds up near Scone (Upper Hunter) on the 2nd Oct
and there were more nearby (see Birdline post), bringing the time we've known
them to be present in the Hunter Valley to at least 6 months. There have been a
few flocks of c. 100 birds reported, but that was mainly early on when they
were in the Martindale Valley. They have also been in forested habitat south of
Kurri Kurri and recently also at Luskintyre, just west of Maitland.

I wonder if they're still being seen in coastal / sub-coastal Qld? I haven't
noticed reports on Birdline up there recently.

Mick