birding-aus

Eaglehawk Neck, Tas, pelagics in 2014

To: "" <>
Subject: Eaglehawk Neck, Tas, pelagics in 2014
From: Rohan Clarke <>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 21:39:52 +1100
Hi All,

In 2014 I'm organizing five pelagic trips out of Eaglehawk Neck, Tasmania. These will operate under the banner of Birdlife Australia. While it is not essential it does help if you are a member of Birdlife Australia.

At present there are trips scheduled for the following dates:
Sunday 16 February
Saturday 19 July and Sunday 20 July
Saturday 13 September and Sunday 14 September

I am currently taking bookings for all of the above. For the next week or so I will collate requests and then tally up the bookings and responding to each email individually.

The cost of the boat trip is in the order of $120, depending on the number of people on the boat - it is dearer if we don't fill the boat as the hire cost is divided between the sea-birders. Because participants come from a variety of locations and many interstate visitors make a weekend or more of it, participants organize their own accommodation and transport to Eaglehawk Neck (about an hour from Hobart).

The east coast of Tasmania is unusual because boat trips get out in weather conditions that would be too rough in many other places. Nevertheless, trips are occasionally cancelled if the winds are too strong.

We get some good birds off the SE coast of Tasmania. Trip reports have been consistently posted to Birding-Aus; search the archives for 'Eaglehawk Neck pelagic' at http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/birding-aus/

Regards,
Rohan

--
Rohan Clarke