birding-aus

Sydney Pelagics - The end of an era

To: "'Roger McGovern'" <>, "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Sydney Pelagics - The end of an era
From: Tony Palliser <>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 19:21:48 +1100
Hi Everyone,

It is sad indeed.   I too would like to take this opportunity to thank Hal
for his generosity and helpfulness throughout and wish him all the very
best.   Also thanks to Roger, Steve and all the patrons over the years , the
number of great people I have met, the number of fantastic birds and
cetaceans from the Halicat over the years really is quite remarkable.  I
have so many fond memories it far outweighs my battles with seasickness.
This part of the east coast is clearly one the most important seabird areas
in the world today and as Roger pointed out - it is too important to give up
on.

Thanks again,
Tony