birding-aus

Round Hill Dawn Chorus

Subject: Round Hill Dawn Chorus
From: Marc Anderson <>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 19:42:53 +1000
It's a wonderful time to be in the mallee country. Last week I camped by the old wheat field near Round Hill (I think it's actually inside Nombinnie Nature Reserve) and the intense dawn chorus in the morning is amazing. Thankfully the thousands of White-browed and Masked Woodswallows which roosted in the trees by the campsite were late risers and I was able to record about 90 minutes of pure bliss before the chirping woodswallows drowned out the other birds.

Here's a sample - https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/dawn-in-mallee-country

Species recorded include: Bar-shouldered Dove, Common Bronzewing, White-fronted, Grey-fronted & White-eared Honeyeaters, Gilbert's Whistler,  Crested Bellbird and Southern Scrub-Robin.

Enjoy!

--
Marc Anderson

Wild Ambience