birding-aus

Sea eagle behaviour

To: Philip Veerman <>,
Subject: Sea eagle behaviour
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:10:03 +1000
When we were at Gunbower on the Murray some years ago, there were lots of turtle shells, lying about in the camping area and on roads and tracks. Many were broken. People there told me that they were not very often run over by cars, but that Sea-Eagles drop them from a height to smash them and eat the contents. Not a thing you'd want dropped on your head. Readers of Terry Pratchett will remember /Small Gods/. Classical scholars will remember Aeschylus.

Anthea Fleming