birding-aus

Masked & White-browed Woodswallows

To: "'Carol Probets'" <>, <>, "'Tom Tarrant'" <>
Subject: Masked & White-browed Woodswallows
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 08:45:27 +0930
Somebody a week or so ago reported some Apostlebirds at Stone Hut in the Mid
North of South Australia and I'd like to add that I have seen them there too
over the last couple of years, outside the bakery.  It was suggested that
this represented a widening of this species' range and this is possibly so.
However, this Wednesday I saw a single Apostlebird in the main street of
Watervale which is some considerable distance further south, ie some 15km
south of Clare , whereas Stone Hut is close to 100km north of Clare.

On the same day I caught a quick sighting of a pair of White-backed Swallows
flying around the southern end of Port Broughton.

Tony.