birding-aus

Submitting to the Atlas made easy on Eremaea

Subject: Submitting to the Atlas made easy on Eremaea
From: Joshua Bergmark <>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 14:39:59 +1000
Hey everyone

I just noticed the other day that Eremaea has changed the specifications
for submitting your lists to the atlas. Now, rather than having to record a
count for every species you see as previously was the case, you can now
just send the list off after selecting the size of the survey area and the
time you spent surveying. Needless to say, I submitted a few hundred
(probably even cracked 1000) field hours within 30 minutes, and the data
goes straight towards mapping Australia's birdlife - a noble cause!

1: Assuming you are already a member of Eremaea, login, then click on
"Review Lists"
2: Check the box for "All Sites" and make sure the time period is correct,
then open all of your entries for, eg, NSW
3: Next to all your lists is a forward button. Click it.
4: Fill in the "Survey Time" and "Survey Area" fields (fill in all the
fields as accurately as possible if you have more time), then submit!

Depending on your mouse navigation speed, it can be finished very quickly
(I got to the point where I was doing 1 list every 10 seconds or so). I
have been making lists for years and just not submitting most of them to
the atlas because of the effort required - good job on whoever was involved
in making this much needed change!

Cheers,
Joshua Bergmark

PS: You have to first have an atlas observer code, and have it entered into
your Profile settings on Eremaea