birding-aus

Alive to Mt Isa by car & Banded Stilts

To: "" <>
Subject: Alive to Mt Isa by car & Banded Stilts
From: Keith Betton <>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 23:30:31 +0100
I mentioned a few weeks back that I was planning to come over. Thanks to the
Birding-Aus members who have been in touch.
I have three questions at the moment:
- How easy is it to do a Alice to Mt Isa one-way trip (ie drop the car) - or do
they not allow it?
- Can anyone direct me to some Banded Stilts that are visible somewhere around
Adelaide/Port Augusta?
- I want to look for Mallee Emu-wren, and am think of Billiatt CP.  I guess
they are scarce there - so if anyone has been lucky with them do please let me
know where in the park you saw them. (I assume it is 2WD and not 4WD).

Regards and thanks.

Keith Betton