birding-aus

Recorded Bird Songs and Calls

To: martin cachard <>
Subject: Recorded Bird Songs and Calls
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 17:05:17 +1000
G'day Barry,

On the whole, most Australian birders wouldn't support the prolonged use of call back. Generally most would frown on the use of call back that might have adverse impacts on sensitive species.

I don't know if there is any consensus on how many times it is OK to play a call in any particular period at a location (e.g., once in a 10 minute period).

Personally, I don't use call back.

Regards, Laurie.