birding-aus

John Young and other parrots

To: "" <>
Subject: John Young and other parrots
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 10:17:21 -0700
First of all congratulations to John and his team from afar.  Magnificent
work and an amazing scientific find! When I was filming parrots in Aus in
2008 and 2009 I naturally didnt even consider the possibility of bumping
into a Night Parrot.  That being said my travel mate Greg Little and I did
a couple of brief looks at a couple of ponds in outback areas just in case
something interesting came down to drink when it was dark.

Having come from North America hoping to film Princess Parrots and having
done so
www.polytelismedia.wordpress.com I was wondering if John has done much work
with Princess.  Can I assume that he has encountered the species and filmed
it or studied it as well?  While no where's near as tremendously difficult
as a Night Parrot I was wondering what his experience was with this species.

Many thanks and as always I so appreciate Russell and Birding-Aus as a
resource.

Don Kimball