birding-aus

Lesser Sooty Owl returns

Subject: Lesser Sooty Owl returns
From: Phil & Sue Gregory <>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:26:12 +1000
Good to see IOC has listened to local advice and re-split Lesser Sooty Owl in
the latest updates. Be interesting to see what happens with the various
boobooks, I think they are awaiting Frank Rheindt's boobook paper which will
deal with the genetics, vocals and morphology I believe.
I wonder what BirdLife/HBW will do, though given Nigel Collar's recent
anti-genetics comments in his "British Birds" article concerning species
definitions  I am not holding my breath.
Phil Gregory
Website 2: Http://www.cassowary-house.com.au