birding-aus

Possible Tasmanian Morepork in Victoria

To: Mike Carter <>
Subject: Possible Tasmanian Morepork in Victoria
From: Chris Corben <>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 07:01:50 -0500
Hi Mike!

Yes, that's how I remember it also. But if they were all brown birds, that would still be consistent with dispersal of young from other places in Victoria, and the temporal pattern would fit that too. A Pink coming down from the mountains could just as well find itself out on the point as a Pink coming in from the sea.

Re Flame Robins, because of their very different habitat preferences, I suppose they would be more likely to just fly a bit further and get into habitats they liked.

Interesting issue, though. Amazing how little we know about such stuff!

Cheers, Chris.