birding-aus

Your cockatiel

To: <>, <>
Subject: Your cockatiel
From: Debbie Lustig <>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:34:56 +1000
Russell,
If your bird could climb, even though it had no feet, why did you euthanise
it? Was it in pain or were you?
I think we often believe animals suffer because we judge from a human point
of view. If they're otherwise healthy, physically and psychologically, many
thrive eg dogs with three legs.

http://www.birdrehomingservices.com.au/

This is a terrific bird rehoming service. They help house the outrageous
(and growing) number of pet birds that people give up because of pathetic
reasons - like they didn't know how much time a pet parrot would require;
behavioural problems, etc.
This is most certainly not about native birds. But as we saw in posts on
B-Aus, plenty of birdwatchers have had experience with aviary birds. And
some do keep them, right now.

Debbie