birding-aus

Bruny Island vagrant

Subject: Bruny Island vagrant
From: Robert Hamilton <>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 06:46:29 +1000
I  recently had an amazing encounter with a small group of Banded Stilt on The
Neck beach, Bruny Island, following up a Birdline report of their sighting a
few days earlier.

A vagrant to mainland Tasmania , "Yellow Throat"  reports that  reasonable
numbers have been seen in the far northeast  at Cape Portland earlier this
year, with large numbers seen on Flinders Island for the past couple of years.

They were more interested in feeding, virtually ignoring my presence, giving a
great photographic opportunity.

http://bulbsbirdsnmore.com.au/Bruny_Island/Banded_Stilt.html

Rob Hamilton
Margate, Tasmania