birding-aus

Bad News: to all users of worldbirdinfo and the many birds I have come t

To: "'birding aus'" <>
Subject: Bad News: to all users of worldbirdinfo and the many birds I have come to know
From: "John Penhallurick" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:13:40 +1000
Hi all,

I received some bad news on Thursday 14 February when I was diagnosed with
bulbar-onset Motor Neurone Disease.  This is a terminal disease with no
known cures.  Some good news that I received from Prof Kiernen in Sydney,
Australia's leading authority on MND was that the trend at the onset tended
to continue throughout the disease:that is, if you deterioriated
significanlty in the first six months, you could expect that trend to
continue. Since the trend from onset with me had been gradual, I was told I
could expect that to continue. The thing that saddens and worries me most,
after saying goodbye to my wife, daughters and granddaughter, and having to
give up my ambition to get to 8000 birds, is that a month after I die, my
website will disappear. Since it is on a commercial site,once payment stops,
the website will be taken down.  Can anyone (perhaps in particular someone
at a university) off a website, where worldbirdinfo could remain.I will
continue to work on it for as long as I am able. I expect it's too much to
expect that someone would be willing to continue working this massive
project?

Dr John Penhallurick

86 Bingley Cres

Fraser A.C.T. 2615

Australia

email:

Phone: Home (612) 62585428

Mobile:0408585426

sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt Aeneid Book 1,line 462  "The
world is a world of tears, and the burdens of mortality touch the heart."

Magna est veritas et praevalet Vulgate, Book of Edras

The legitimate object of government is to do for a community of people
whatever they need to have done, but can not do at all, or can not so well
do, for themselves-in their separate, and individual capacities. Abraham
Lincoln

"It's good to look beyond the bounds of accepted ideas" James
Peebles,Princeton University

Please visit my website: http://www.worldbirdinfo.net
<http://www.worldbirdinfo.net/>

Please visit my blog: