birding-aus

Pelagic Port Fairy Tour Correction

To: <>
Subject: Pelagic Port Fairy Tour Correction
From: "Neil Macumber & Alison Bainbridge" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 06:41:42 +1000
Sorry Everyone it was reported incorrectly that we saw a Little Shearwater
on Saturday 13 April 2013.  This was an proof reading error.  We saw the
following:

Birds: 23 species off shore

Pelagic Species: - Little Penguin, Shy Albatross, Black-browed Albatross,
Campbell Island Albatross, Indian Yellow-nosed Albatross, Buller's
Albatross, Fairy Prion, Great-Winged Petrel, White-chinned Petrel, Sooty
Shearwater, Short-tailed Shearwater, Fluttering Shearwater, Grey-Backed
Storm-Petrel, White-Faced Storm-Petrel, Wilson's Storm-Petrel, Australasian
Gannet, Arctic Jaeger, Pacific Gull, Silver Gull, Crested Tern and
White-Fronted Tern.

Species see in shore: - Caspian Tern, Nankeen Night Heron, Australasian
Grebe, Pied Cormorant and Sacred Ibis

Mammals: Four sightings of Common Dolphins and a couple of Australian Fur
Seals.

Proposed Dates for remainder of 2013 Trips: Sunday 12 May (full only taking
standbys), 30 June, 14 July, 11 August, 15 September, 27 October, 17
November and 1 December.  Trips will go if there are enough numbers and the
weather is suitable.  First in gets a spot allocated.  See our website for
more details  <http://www.birdingwildlifetours.com.au/>
http://www.birdingwildlifetours.com.au/

Cheers

Neil Macumber