birding-aus

Albany Pelagic Trips - May 4th & 5th

To: "" <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Albany Pelagic Trips - May 4th & 5th
From: John Graff <>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 14:39:13 +0800
G'day everyone We have planned a weekend of trips for the 4th and 5th of May
this year, departing Emu Point Boat Harbour in Albany, WA. As always, the trips
will run on a cost-share basis - the cost is expected to be $150 per person
(per trip) with a full boat of 18 people, increasing if we do not fill the boat
(e.g. to $180 with 15 people).  We have not run trips at this time of year for
a while, but the boat's skipper has suggested this is usually when he has the
highest bird numbers around the boat, so hopefully there will be something
interesting. We hope to see the usual albatrosses, petrels and shearwaters,
plus of course hopefully something more exciting (as always, unfortunately not
guaranteed!). The only previous May trip (in 2004) yielded Black-bellied
Storm-Petrel, Kerguelen Petrel and Arctic Tern.

If anyone interested in booking a place, please contact me - preferably by
e-mail at this address, but if required you can call my mobile (0424 008 179).
There are currently still spaces on both days

Cheers,
John