birding-aus

Shooters

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: Shooters
From: Allan Richardson <>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:35:02 +1100
Hi David,

As birders we know how difficult quick identification of flying birds can be -
the test is not conducted in the field and anyone can learn pictures on a page
sufficiently to get, what I understand is, the required 70% pass mark.

Split second decisions in often poor light made all the more difficult by a
rapidly flying quarry, and then multiplied by the desperation to actually shoot
"something" with feathers - mean that in reality the test is in most cases
window-dressing at best.

Allan Richardson
Morisset NSW