birding-aus

Black Kites in SEQ

To: " net. au" <>
Subject: Black Kites in SEQ
From: Andrew Thelander <>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:28:24 +1100
I was on the Darling Downs on Saturday and saw 4 Black Kites over the Warrego
Highway near Gatton. There was also a flock of about 12 circling over fields
being ploughed at Grantham. I also saw 2 Black shouldered kites locking talons
and doing the death spiral over the highway. A Spotted harrier added to the
raptor tally near Haigslea.
cheers
Andrew