birding-aus

RFI Madagascar

To: <>
Subject: RFI Madagascar
From: "Wedderburn Birding" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 18:22:57 +1100
Hi Penny,

Usually the best birding in Africa is in Spring, that is at the end of the
dry season and you may get some early rains which usually start in November.
Generally August is cold and windy and too early for the summer migrants.

You should have a look at your target birds and see when they are present in
Madagascar, e.g. Sooty Falcon, Eleonara's Falcon and Madagascar Lesser
Cuckoo are all summer birds.

Many of the ground-rollers are silent and inactive during the dry cold
season (May to August)

Regards,

Bruce