birding-aus

poss/prob Spectacled Petrel off Albany, WA

To: Allan Richardson <>, Mike Carter <>
Subject: poss/prob Spectacled Petrel off Albany, WA
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 03:43:49 -0800 (PST)
Hi Allan,

Good point. I was only thinking Procellaria.
Besides you leucistic Wedge-tailed Shearwater also be other leucistic brown
petrels/shearwaters should be taken into consideration. E.g. Dion
Hobcroft's/Roger McGovern's Great-winged (Gray-faced) Petrel:
http://www.eremaea.com/BirdlineSpeciesArchive.aspx?Birdline=2&From=20081005&To=20081005&MonthStart=1&MonthEnd=12&Species=120&Taxonomy=1

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass